Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash 4 Voice Mail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuri

Technical User
Feb 8, 2002
US
Calls transfer to voice mail when no answer, but not on busy, I just get a busy signal. Any ideas?

Are you talking about incoming calls or calls that are transferred?? Dave McCall
Norstarpro

If its incoming calls and you get a busy, are you talking about getting a busy before the system ever answers? If so, the call is never making it to your busisness. You need more lines and set them in a hunt group, or set up a voice mailbox with your dial tone provider that allows busy calls to go to an offsite voice mail.

What i mean is that if the line is busy its not transfering to that persons voice mail.

Make sure that forward on busy is set to the proper ext.

Transfer no answer to port 251
Transfer busy to port 252

There are currently 46 mail boxes active, all will transfer on no answer but none will transfer at busy?

no answer and busy should be to the same port. (251) so change busy to 251 also. I do want to clarify that you are not talking about getting a busy siganl when you dial into the number. That is something totaly different.

Yes, you get a busy signal when you dial into the number.

How many I/C buttons are available on the sets? If the phone only has one intercom button assigned to it, then the call has no place to ring, if it is set to appear and ring.

How many I/C buttons are available on the sets? If the phone only has one intercom button assigned to it, then the call has no place to ring, if it is set to appear and ring.
If the call is coming in via a DID number then you may need to set up multiple appearances of the target line.

All the sets have two I/C buttons.

Your problem is probably happening because you have forward on busy to 252. B.Krike had it right. Even though 252 might be a voice mail DN, it can only be forwarded to the voice mail DN that you get when you enter Feature 985. If you call the feature 985 DN, you`ll get in to voice mail. If you call another DN for voice mail (ie 252, most likely) you will get a busy signal. If a call comes in on the reception set lets say, (lines are set to appear and ring) and they are on the phone, it will forward on busy to 252 which will give your caller a busy signal. Change the F/busy to the proper DN.

Another thing to consider, are the telephones that have lines that are set to appear and ring. The forward no answer, will override the AA, unless the AA is set to answer after less rings than the sets. The forward on busy will override the AA unless the AA is set to answer after 0 rings. If you are wanting the AA to pick up after a few rings, you will have to make sure the AA rings are the same or lower than the forward no answer on any phone that rings on incoming calls. I would also set the forward busy to none on any of these phones that ring, or when they`re in use, the caller will go into their personal mailbox, not the AA.

I hope this makes sense. It may take a bit of trial and error, but definetly change the forward on busy to the proper DN, and that will be a start. Let us know if you need more help.

Schlum

Forward no answer and busy are pointed to the same port.But it still won't forward to voice mail if you'r on an outside call. It will forward to voice mail if you are on an intercom line.

Back to my original post... your calls are not making to your site if you are getting a busy. You need more lines, and put them in a hunt group. Test your fwd on busy like this: Make an internal call (DN to DN) then dial into one of those DN's on that outside line. It will then go to VM. FWD on busy only works if the call can make it to the system. It sounds like your calls are never making it past the central office.

My guess is it sounds like you`ve given certain/all phones an individual, non equiv line, so everyone has their own personal number. If that is the case, the calls are not making it to your switch, just getting a CO busy, like B.Krike said. Is that the case? Give us a little better description of how you`ve set it up and what you`re wanting to happen. There`s probably a simple explanation but the info you`ve given is somewhat confusing.

Schlum

Thanks for the help so far, I don't know much about the Nortel. But your right 15 lines are set up for direct dial in an out bypassing the operator or AA. What they want are calls to transfer to voice mail on busy and no answer.

It would appear that you`re out of luck on getting it to forward to voice mail on busy with the setup you have. As soon as an individual line is in use and someone calls that line, they will get a busy signal from the CO, without ever making it to your system. You would need to get a second rollover line for each number, so if the first is busy, it rolls over to the second and makes it to your system. Another option would be to get Call Answer from your telephone provider in order for forward busy coverage. That would mean 2 separate mailboxes though. Neither option is very good/practical , but that`s your only choice.

Schlum

A more affordable solution is to have the individual lines forward to the operator or AA line from the phone company. this way the calls would at least get into your system so that they can be handled instead of a busy. think about getting DID lines for your people, 2nd calls would then be handled by your telephone forwarding (at least until you end up with all DID trunks busy)

Jerry Reeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back