Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash 4: dynamic text within movie clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oculus

Programmer
May 3, 2001
US
Alright, friends, one more.

I am trying to create a fading (rather than scrolling) marquee. What I've done is created a dynamic text box and put it by itself into a movie clip. Then I tween that clip to fade up and out in a timed sequence. I'm loading the text into the main timeline and referring to it from within the clip.

Problem: Publish for Flash 5, and it works great. Publish for Flash 4 and the text simply doesn't load. I can't simply cover it with a fading rectangle the same color as the background, because of the background. And there's no way to create an actual "fading mask" in Flash, or is there?

Ideas and suggestions are most welcome.

Oculus.

Don't see why you can't cover it with a masking fading rectangle. What's the problem? Can't match the color? Is it something else than a full colored background?

;-)

old:

Thought I posted a couple of days ago. Must've done something wrong.

The prob w/ a mask is I'm using a photographic background, almost full bleed, fading to charcoal at the edges. Because of the photographic detail and the gradient fade to gray, I'm, afraid even a cleverly clipped portion of the main image might not align properly when the movie is resized within an HTML window.

Haven't tried that yet, though. I'll let you know what my experiment yields.

Oc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back