Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash 2 Nortel Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

telllman

Vendor
Feb 9, 2010
CA
I have a flash 2 with the 4 port upgrade card snapped in it but I only get 24 mailboxes. I replaced the 4 port expander and lost all programming. So when you log in to F983 what is an easy way to confirm you have 24 or 48 mailboxes I dont want to spend all day reprogramming and find out its 24 still...

Press 44, see if that works.

I would be suspicious as to why you lost programming.
You replaced it because you thought it did not work?
Did you power down first?

Make sure it's not voicemail lite software.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks Sir-Yes I did power down and swap the 4CH upgrade-No idea why we lost program...Had to start from F903 and do it all over...
I logged in did the 44 and it says system upgrade yes or Quit and is looking for a key...

Is their a View softkey appearing?
Maybe available only on Callpilot.

Another way is to check Maintenance and see if the ports report as something like "STRTLK"
There would be 2 ports (4 channels), given it's wired with 2 mod cords.
That would tell you that the KSU see's the expansion cartridge, thus the flash should have 48 mailboxes.

If not maybe a software issue, or it's "Lite" which mean non expandable.

Why was the cartridge replaced was my question, if so did you power up with out it installed? that would wipe it out.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I did not have the second Ext hooked up yet as I am just programming -let me do that see if its any different-I just want to confirm I have 48MB and I dont want to program 24 and find out I don't...

I hooked up the second extension and all seems good now-Not sure why you need the second Ext plugged in to get the extra mailboxes ??? Its in our lab for programming so it was just 1 ext to get it up and running and its used also so you would think it would come up with 48 from the get go ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back