Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flare Code Protected? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario2008

Technical User
Jul 31, 2006
DE
Hi!

After some tries it works. I can open Navisphere over InternetExplorer. I can see my CX400 now ;-) But i`ve read a little bit about the flare code which is on the first 5 disks. Hmm, but when i make a raid group (this 5 disks included), what happens when i overwrite all sectors on the raid group? What happens with the falre code?

I cannot create a StorageGroup, i have no AcessLogix enalbed. Is AccessLogic a Software, or is this an Option in NaviSphere. I`ve found no Information about it.

That is correct, Flare sits on 6GB of each of the first 5 drives. This 6GB is hidden from the system once in place. The first 5 drives will be missing 6GB on each, so if they are 73GB drives you will have around 60GB on each of those drives to place a RAID Group.

Access Logix is a feature which requires software and activation within Navisphere. Access Logix = LUN Security

Oh, now i see it ;-)

Ok, i don`t need to make a StorageGroup. I can access the RaidGroups, that`s what i want.

thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back