Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flags Save set volume, meaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjrono

MIS
Oct 31, 2001
SE
Hello!

Any who know the meaning of the Flags in a Save set volume.

I have tried to find a list of the different flags on a save set. But havent found any information about this.

I have seen these different flags c, cp, h, m and more.

Regards
Gjermund

Hi!

The folowing can be read in the manual for mminfo

The first flag indicates which part of the save set is on the volume. When the save is completely contained
on the volume, a c is displayed. An h is displayed when the save set spans volumes and the head is contained
on this volume. The remaining sections will be on other volumes. An m is displayed when the save
set spans volumes and a middle section is contained on this volume. The head and tail sections will be on
different volumes. There may be more than one middle section. A t is displayed when the tail section of a
spanning save set is contained on this volume. Again, the other sections will be on other volumes.
The second flag indicates the status of the save set. A b indicates that the save set is in the on-line index
and is browsable via the recover(1m) command. An r indicates that the save set is not in the on-line index
and is recoverable via the scanner(1m) command. An E indicates that the save set has been marked eligible
for recycling and may be over-written at any time. a indicates that the save was aborted before completion.
Aborted save sets are removed from the on-line file index by nsrck(1m). An i indicates that the save
is still in progress.
An optional third flag indicates the type of save set. An N indicates an NDMP save set. An R indicates a
raw sav e set. A P indicates a snapshot save set

/Ulf

This info is reported by mminfo and in fact consists of 2 types of information:

left character: Save set completeness
c complete (save set is stored fully on this media
h header (save set begins on this media)
m middle (save set continues on this media)
t tail (save set ends on this media)

right character: Save set status
b browseable
r recoverable
E recyclable
S scanned-in
i in-progress
a aborted

Please note that unfortunately there are inconsistencies between the mminfo reported status and the one in the GUI.
For example a recoverable save set will have the mminfo status "cr" while it will displayed as "cp" in the admin GUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back