Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fixed Zoom in Acrobat 6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariac333

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2006
US
Please help! I have a PDF document in which I use the first page as a table of contents using links to take the user to each page within the document. I want the Table of Contents and Initial View Magnification to be "Fit Page" the other pages need to be set at various percentages, i.e. 150%, 127% etc. I can not find a way to set my link magnification size to "fixed" which sets the link to the current zoom percentage. Is this possible to do in Acrobat 6.0? I have tried to use the snapshot, but my specific percentages are lost when the window is full screen or just less than full screen. I need "fixed" maginifation.
Any suggestions??

Thanks

Hello Mariac333!

There is solution to your problem.

You need to install one of third-party product extensions for Adobe Acrobat. They are trustworthy provided you choose the right vendor.

I think that you could consider such plugins as OpenOptions. You can try it from page such as:

The thing with Adobe Acrobat is like with a good racing car. It is really a powerful machine but if you want to improve performance, you need to "tune" your machine.

Basically you need to incorporate extra features of OpenOptions into your job. So if you want to set magnification or initial view, you can do it easily by using this robust extension.

Btw, I can tell you that almost every software will need extensions or upgrades. Most of them I use are powerful applications but you will also need more and more...;)

cheers,

cornado

I appreciate your help. I actually don't need help with the initial view open options, but setting the view when linking to a page. I also have a Mac, so I guess that may make things a little tougher. but, your suggestions gave me a great place to start.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back