Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fix CMS Daily Report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopes1211

Technical User
Jan 11, 2002
US
We had to reboot CMS yesterday and as a result, there is no "daily" data. All of the interval data is there except for when the machine was rebooted. Is there a way to get it to total the daily info or is that just the way it is?

-CL

It sounds like the reboot happened while the archive was supposed to take place. If you check the error log for the days surrounding the reboot (look for all errors) you should see the "Daily Archive Successful" for both days either side, the day in question wont have one. If this is the case then you need to run a daily archive - using Centrevu Supervisor, goto Tools-->System Setup-->Data Summarizing

Select the type of archive required (in this case daily) the select the day that daily information is missing, then click the >>> button. With R9 and up this can be done without any disruption, however I suggest checking your documentation before you run any of these commands.
The Archive doesn't show anything on this screen, go back to the Error log, once the archive is complete/fails it will inform you through that

Cheers,
NJ

PS: Please let me know if my advice has been of any use.

You can also check the times of your archives by going into Tool-->Maintenance-->Archiving Status then click List-All.

Cheers,
NJ

PS: Please let me know if my advice has been of any use.

Hi,

I have a similar problem in that daily summarization was not completed (although it appears that all interval data for that day is present).

However, when I try to force a summarization of Daily Data, I get the following error message:

"You have requested Daily Archiving for a date which does not have interval data. This would result in the loss of all Daily data for this date."

But I know there is interval data for that day, because the reports show it.

Any ideas on what causes this?

I have a similar problem (no daily data). However, when trying to force CMS to create a Daily summary, I get the following error message:

"You have requested Daily Archiving for a date which does not have interval data. This would result in the loss of all Daily data for this date"

I know this day contains interval data because it shows up in the reports. Any idea what could cause this?

Thanks in advance.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back