Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fish! Philosophy 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhys666

Programmer
May 20, 2003
Has anyone had experience working within the IT branch, (or for an IT firm), of a company employing the fish! philosphy in the work environment?

What kind of 'activities'/'entertainments' were utilised?

How did the company employ the philosophy?

What effect did it have?

My employer, (FTSE 100 non IT, with in-house IT dept), are now showing the Fish! videos and leaving the changes to us, but are allowing us to embrace as much of/as little of this philosophy as we feel we should, (no more management dictates instructing us on how to enjoy the job! Hoorah!), but as I've only seen the vid.'s today was curious as to how this may have been utilised elsewhere...

For anyone curious as to what the hell I'm waffling on about check out
It's interesting if nothing else...

Rhys
Thought out... Maybe,
Opinionated... Probably
But it is only an opinion!

well..tdy in my email was an email from my boss:

"....... this will be a fun upbeat meeting which will include lunch. Find out what the Fish Philosophy is all about!"

I had a feeling I knew what this was about when I started reading this forums discussions...and I am definitely not looking forward to this mtg...another "dog and pony show", if you will.....the morale would be up if we got rid of the ineffective managers we have added to our company lately...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back