Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fiscal Quarters - main and subreports

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsandwick

Programmer
Sep 10, 2001
US
Crystal 2008
Oracle 9
SAP BO XI 3.1

A.

I need to capture all results in a main report based on parameters for (1) Fiscal Qtr (2) Year (3) a Division (or group).

How do I capture a Fiscal Qtr, please?

B.

I have a subreport linking to this main report that will retrieve all results based on the Previous Fiscal Year, determined by the Fiscal Qtr for which the main report is run.

How do I achieve this?

C.

Another subreport linking to this main report will retreive all results for All Fiscal Qtrs up to and including the Fiscal Qtr for which the main report was run.

What would be the logic for this?

Thank you very much.

You should be able to get calendar quarters. You might be able to adjust these to shift a given number of days to get the fiscal quarter. Or do a formula that defines the ranges as "FQ1" etc.

ANy value you calculate in the main report can be passed to a subreport using Edit > Subreport Links.

Also take a look at Crosstabs, they are less flexible that subreports but also faster. They use the main-report data but can group it differently.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 11.5 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Yes, Madawc, I thought about the CalendarQtr approach but wondered if there might be an alternative method.

Points B and C - just looking for the logic. They have to be subreports because I am linking nontransactional (main) to transactional (subreports) data.

Thanks!

The Fiscal Year runs from October 1 of the prior year through September 30 of the next year.

E.g., FY 2010 runs from October 2009 through September 2010.

the Fiscal Qtrs are

Qtr 1 = Oct 1 through Dec 31
Qtr 2 = Jan 1 through Mar 31
Qtr 3 = Apr 1 through Jun 30
Qtr 4 = Jul 1 through Sep 30

Thanks.

Oh, and I should perhaps clarify point C:

E.g.,

(a) if the main report (nontransactional) is run for Qtr 1, then the subreport (transactional) is run for the same Qtr 1 in the same Fiscal Year.

(b) if the main report is run for Qtr 2, then the subreport is run for Qtr 1 through Qtr 2 in the same Fiscal Year.

(c) if the main report is run for Qtr 3, then the subreport is run for Qtr 1 through Qtr 3 in the same Fiscal Year.

(d) if the main report is run for Qtr 4, then the subreport is run for Qtr 1 through Qtr 4 in the same Fiscal Year.

Thank you very much.

All right, so back to this one.

So, let's say I'm running the main report for the 2nd Fiscal Qtr in 2010. I will want to capture results in the subreport for Fiscal Qtr 1-2 in 2010 (i.e., Calendar4thQtr 2009 through Calendar1stQtr 2010).

How are you setting up the main report--are you using a parameter of some sort to identify the quarter in question or is it always the current quarter? If a parameter, what type?

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back