Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

first timer - paste into MS word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

julianm

Technical User
Oct 13, 2000
GB
Have just got hold of Corel Draw 6, and installed it OK. I love all the clipart items, and want to incorporate them into my teaching material
I suspect this is easy if you know how. Any help appreciated [sig][/sig]

It's fairly easy. First size the image to about the same size you will want it to be when you import it into MS Word. Then go to File>Export>and either pick WMF format or WPG. My experience with MS Word, is that it seams to like WPG files better. But try the WMF format first. Or if you are exporting an image with a bitmap,export it as a TIF format. Anyways, after you've selected WMF, the next window will be to export text as text or curves. I always select curves to be safe. and that's it. (of course make sure you are exporting your work to the current directory or drive. If you select to export your image as a WPG, then the next window will ask for colors (either 16 or 256), then select text to export as curves and then the version of WP to 2. That's it. Probably sounds more complicated than it is. [sig][/sig]

Just a reminder that CorelDraw is "OLE" compatible, which of course gives you the option of embedding your object within your Word document (or other products like PowerPoint). With an embedded object, you then need only "double-click" on the object to be able to edit the object within CorelDraw. This option would be preferable if the object is subject to change. If not, then converting the object is possibly a better option. Within Microsoft products, you can either embed the object (as described), or you can convert it to a "picture". These options are accessed via the menu - "Edit - Paste-Special". Hope this helps ...Dale Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back