Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

First Name and Last Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOOJOO00

Programmer
Feb 12, 2003
NL
Hello,

Here is a situation I cannot fix.
We have an Exchange 2003 Server. All is working well, but my boss wanted to change First- and Last Name in the GAL. So I did. Through the AdsiEdit tool, I managed to set the change in the GAL and now, when I create a new user, it looks like this: Lastname, First Name.@mydomain.com
So, if my boss goes into the address book in Outlook 2003, he will see: Last Name, First Name.@mydomain.com notation. He thinks its fine that way but he wants to receive his mail at a different order, like this: First Name. Last Name@mydomain.com
This is where I have the difficulty. Outlook (or Exchange)will look at the "Display Name" in the AD. Now the trouble starts. I cannot find a way to receive mails in that order. Could it be that Outlook is watching also Aliases too?
The recipients policy is ok. The GAL list has been rebuild and Updated.

Is there someone who knows what I am talking about and maybe knows how to workaround it? (sorry for my poor French);-)

Many thanx in advance.

- Ronin71 - R>F>> SNAP!

Hello,

Please, is there anyone who can help me with this?

- Ronin71 - R>F>> SNAP!

Add a secondary SMTP address using recipient, and set the Lastname, First Name.@mydomain.com as the primary address.

I think.

Iain

I have seen severall SMTP addresses been filled in. The primary address is already LastName, FirstName@mydomain.com.
So, if I set a secondary SMTP address, like: FirstName. LastName@mydomain.com, then i should work? How do I get the sec. address set to using the default recipient? Where can I adjust that?

Can someone give it clear to me how to set it?

- Ronin71 - R>F>> SNAP!

ESM - Recipients - Recipient Policies - Default Policy (or whatever you've called it.) - Properties - Email Address(Policy) Tab - New - SMTP - FirstName.LastName@mydomain.com

Then after a few hours that should take affect.

Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back