Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

first letter capitalized with the rest in lower case

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrick

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2007
US
is it possible to make a style that has the first letter of each word capitalized with the rest of the letters in lower case?

AS far as I know, No - if you mean for all text. You can use small caps and adjust the percentage in Prefs/Test.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

okay there IS a way:

type>change case>Title Case

sabrick - I got that but I don't know how to make a style out of it. Did you figure out a way?''...kim

nope, still nothing format-wise. I saw the script that says it lets you do it but i dont know how to use scripts =/

sabrick - it wasn't too hard to figure out and it worked fairly well. If you go back to Dave Saunders' site and on the left under "Featured Scripts Downloads" download "Smart Title Case."

Here's the link:

Extract the file called "SmartTitleCase.jsx" and save it in c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign\Presets\Scripts. I had to take the "x" off of the suffix ".jsx" in order to get it to work.

Go back to InDesign go to Window | Scripting | Scripts or Window | Automation | Script (not sure what version you're using). You should see the SmartTitleCase.js listed. Select the box with your text in it and click on SmartTitleCase.js

It should work... kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back