Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

First call to overflow group only rings once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafetz

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2011
DE
Hello,

I have a "collective group" (or is it called a "hunt group"?). When no one of this group answers the call, the call shall be transmitted to an "overflow group". The "forwarding time" is set to 15 seconds, the "overflow time" is set "off". Almost everything is working as planned, except one thing:

When no one of the "collective group" answers the call, the first phone of the "overflow group" only rings one time. The second and third phone ring three times (as they should). The one-time-ringing depends not on the phone. It's always the first one of the "overflow group", no matter which one.

Any idea?

Thanks, Stefan
(Sorry for my poor English)

When you have an overflow group then the overflow timer must be set otherwise it won't work.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I have read the help file of the "overflow timer" yesterday, but accidentally the german help has an error at this point. It says something like "supports the usage of overflow to ... the collecting croup". In the missing part stands "Ausweigung" - a word that doesn't exist - maybe "Ausweitung" (expand) is meant. What does the english help-file say at this point?

In every case, I will test, if setting values to this timer will help.

Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back