Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firmware upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

tangee

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2002
US
Anyone know where I can locate the Avaya site that list the latest firmware upgrades available?

Thanks!
Tangee

Try

Susan
[sub]You have all the characteristics of a popular politician: a horrible voice, bad breeding, and a vulgar manner.[/sub]
[sup]Aristophanes, 424 B.C.[/sup]

[sup]Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.

Anyone know where you can sign up to receive updates on firmware? It is somewhere on the website but I cant find it.

Go to and then click on the "My E-notifications" link on the right hand side under "Support Tools". If you have not regsitered yet you will have to before you can sign up for updates by clicking the "Register Now" link in the bottom of the login box. Once you get logged in just follow the instructions to sign up for the updates you want to receive. Hope this helps,

Josh

Josh

A tip for you:

Sometimes when I'm using Commpand Prompt FTP to upload the file to the C-LAN card, it shows the file uploaded but at 0 kb or 1 kb when the file is actually much larger. I found a program called "Bulletproof FTP" that makes for a successful upload each time. [link]http://www.bpftp.com/[/url]

To verify the file name and file size use the following command:

list directory board XXYY

Statements expressed in this post are my own opinions and should not be considered as the opinion of my employer.

How do I know what firmware upgrades are best for my 8300's? I think I have a decent understanding of how to do the upgrade but not sure if I should accept all of them or some of them?

Thank you

Avaya reccomends continually updating to the latest firmware available. Personally, I reccomend the latest firmware available when you install, then upgrade to the latest available later only if you are having problems. In other words, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Statements expressed in this post are my own opinions and should not be considered as the opinion of my employer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back