Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firmware Update to IP Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darby123

Programmer
Apr 14, 2011
GB
Hi All

Please can you assist me with a bit of advise. I'm currently upgrading a IP 500 V1 to version 7.023 and I'm installing 70+ IP Handsets.

What would the best way in upgrading the firmware on the IP handsets. I know there are a couple of options but would like some advise which will take less time.

Many Thanks

APSS
PASMI

Aastra Accredited Expert

External HTTP server - the choice is endless. IIS would be one option, and other free HTTP servers are all over the net.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

Hi Hairless Support Guru :)

How would I go about applying the firmware to the http server?

Can you allibrate a bit more, I have only usually fone the FTP either via manager or SD Card.

APSS
PASMI

Aastra Accredited Expert

Easiest way is to install the correct Manager on the server then point the HTTP Server default directory at the Manager folder.

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Thanks for your advise guys, I have completed the Firmware upgrades by using the Avaya MV IPTel HTTP Server.

All good.

Thanks again :)

APSS
PASMI

Aastra Accredited Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back