Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firmware update to 9608 VPN phones over ipsec vpn tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangochair

Vendor
Jun 11, 2010
US
We are upgrading our Avaya Aura platform from 6.2 to 6.8
We have 100 vpn sets at peoples homes and want to avoid having to ship the phones back into the office to upgrade them to 6.8.5
Has anyone had any success with this...?

YOu'll need to provide more information. How is your IPSec tunnel setup? I would recommend standing up a lab utility server that mimics your production utility server. Take the phone home, upload the latest firmware to the lab utility server, reboot your phone and watch the phone update. You might need to tell your firewall guys to poke a hole for the lab utility server but that would be your safest bet.

I did this for years with about 300+ VPN phones. it not that hard. I had two HTTP server setup for FW updates one for the VPN phones and one for all the office phones.
I would still set up a lab, you just need a Internet connect that not on you office network. We moved away from VPN phones more than a year ago, So I don't remember all the details.
But I know it can work. I even had to have 2 profiles, so that some VPN phones would go into our NY Data Center, the rest into the GA data center (used the IP Phone Group ID" for that.
Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back