Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firmware tape needed for Spectra Logic 10000.... will pay for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogk1cker

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2006
US
I am looking for someone with a Spectralogic 10000 with AIT3 tape drives to make us a firmware tape from their tape library. We are willing to pay $100 to anyone who can make one from their library and send to me. The procedure as to how to do it is below and it's quite easy to do. Our tape library's firmware got corrupt during a power outage and we can't find our firmware tape. The payment will be done by paypal. Thanx.

john.dossett77(at)gmail.com

Spectra Logic 10000 Users Guide

Creating a Backup Firmware Tape .. page 67

To create a code tape:
1. From the main screen, touch Menu > Miscellaneous > Create Code Tape. The Code Tape screen appears (Figure 5-4).
2. A message confirms creating a current firmware code tape. Touch OK tocontinue.
3. Place a tape in the library door, then touch OK. The library moves the code tape into Drive 1 and creates the code tape (this takes approximately two minutes).
4. Remove the new code tape and label it with the volume number and creation date.

Your post might be considered prohibited - money for service, and be removed.

I think most people with little common sense knows that this is not a typical internet spam.... which it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back