Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firmware for ip 96xx series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario265

Technical User
Feb 2, 2006
US
I want to know if there's a way to delete a previous installed firmware in this type of phones since I want to test something with Mv_iptel.

Also we have some LSp sites and I want to validate if somebody did something similar with centralized http server or tft since I want to know about the performance?

you should be able to remove the lastest firmware on the phone "if IP" by dialing <mute> 73738#. That will reset the phone to the defaults. If you downloaded the firmware to a FTP server to sink with the phone, remove the firmware off the FTP server before re-setting the phone to the factory default.

I disagree with tech3250. The mute 73738 will only do a reset of the ip parameters, i.e. ip address, call server address etc. It won't remove the firmware. You can verify this is true by removing the firmware from the HTTP server (the 96xx range don't use a tftp connection)and boot the phone up after doing the reset command. You can then go into the options menu and see what version of the bootstrap and application files that are in use. Let me know if you need any other help doing this.

The only way to remove the firmware is to overwrite it with a newer version or send the phone back to avaya. Users don't have access to the factory reset.

Regards

Inerguard

Inerguard, thanks for the explanation I was almost sure that was in that way but I wanted to confirm it since we are going to place a centralizaed Http form the remote sites and we were having some discussion about upgrading from a centralized server.
What I discovered if that if you modify the 46xx or 96xx upgrade.scr files you can go back since you can rename .bin to what you want and the system will try to load it. I'll try to test my theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back