Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firmware downgrade for Elu29

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniS3Tech

Technical User
Feb 27, 2003
FR
Hi,

I've found that we need to downgrade the firmware for our elu29's to solve the Perm ringing Problem.
I just want to confirm that ELU29's firmware card only be updated by blowing fresh Proms & not by the firmware update method used by NIU's & ELU31's (CNLBI etc.)
As Ever I can't find a list which cards can be updated from the switch & which need a prom replacement.
If anyone has a list or can tell me where to look, I'd Greatful

Cheers, Pete

Pete,

NIU, ELU31 & ELU32 can be updated by command. All the other board with PROM.
Proms for the ELU29 with perm ringing can be orderded at ericsson. I did the same for free because it was their fault. Hopes that you are service provider. Otherwise find one.

Kings.

SPU2 for IVM is also upgradable by command.

Thanx,
As I suspected, but I'm never confident that I've found everything in Alex. Thanx again,

Pete

OmniS3Tech.....

Are you experienced with OMNI S3 from GTE/ATEA?
I spent many hours working with it....

regards
Radoje

Radoje,
The ATEA's (Ferranti Badged) Omni-S3 was the main Switch I Worked on for about 10 years, & I still work on them on a regular basis.

Regards
Pete

Hi Pete

I worked in an OMNI factory for about 5 years.
Then instead of CEM&PEM, I started working with LIM&GSM :)

Regards
Radoje

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back