Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firewall wreaking havoc over my VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

varddsy

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2003
AU
Hi Everyone,

I have started a new position with a company that has several offices in remote locations. I am the only systems admin and there isn't much in the way of documentation.

I am trying to access a server in one of the regional offices via a Microsoft remote desktop connection. I have a SnapGear Pro hardware firewall at my end and i am connecting through a NetGear DG814 Modem/gateway at the other.

I have specified in the setup of the snapgear the Ip address I would to like to allow to have an outgoing connection but cannot get RDC to even try to make a connection.

Any information that anybody has would vbe hugley appreciated.

Thank-you
varddsy

Does the firewall have any log files? Most do so you could try and look at those and see what traffic is being blocked by the firewall (if any) when you try and connect to your remote site.

If it is then open the specific ports that the firewall is blocking and try again.

Can you connect to other remote sites or you cant get a remote connection full stop?

I can't connect to any of the remote sites. Further more I cannot make a connection to our web host through my FTP program to make changes to the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back