Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firewall / Proxy Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

raburns

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2002
US
Currently using Novell BorderManager for firewall and proxy services. Would like to switch to a hardware firewall / proxy device. Have a full T-1 connection with multiple IP Addresses. Not sure what device would be best. Would like to be able to do port forwarding, as well as proxy server for web. I see a Sonicwall for under $500, will these do it. I have about 50 users accessing the net. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

[thumbsup2]I have running a sonicwall pro 200. Using it for 250 users and it is working fine.

But i must correct you. It has NO proxy server in it. I also don't know a sonicwall who has.

They have application proxy.
[sadeyes]Explanation from sonicwall: Application proxy (r) This service allows firewalls to inspect more than just packet headers before deciding whether or not to allow a packet to pass through

I don't think you mean this. So you need a seperate proxy server/appliances to complete the job.

Just wanted to get in on this thread -- we are currently using SQUID on a unix box as a Proxy/Content filter. I am looking to replace this with a windows-based system (my boss doesn't trust Unix - not my decision). Am curious to know of others' solutions. Have looked at Microsoft ISA, which seems to do too much, and Logisense Cache Xpress (which I am not too sure about).
THANKS.

i need some advice...related or not to this, but proxy server definitely!

if I have a server behind a proxy server...to get to a website which requires windows authentication...how can i work around the proxy server so that the windows authentication will be passed to the final destination?

Are there any products anyone can reccomend for this?

thanks in advance!
Amber

Dear All

Iam using sonicwall pro 200 and squid proxy as proxy server in DMZ. Iam using sonicwall proxy forwarding concept. From lan iam able to browse with out any problem. Bu while logging in to mail accounts like hotmail.com etc it gives error. Any body have this kind of problem and any solution for it.

Regards
P.Prabhu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back