Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firewall Config- Wont allow/Save changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbstrider

Programmer
Mar 2, 2001
US
Running Redhat 8 (KDE)
The firewall configuration is set to 'High'. When I change it to Customize or 'none' and click 'ok', I then confirm it by clicking 'Yes' I'm sure when the confirmation window comes up.

The problem is that the settings don't stick. They are not saved!

I'd really like to access 'cups' printing from workstation but cannot get there. I instead have to do it from the server console. I copy files to the server everyday, as well as print, so I know the machines communicate ok.

Thanks for any assistance...

One Code to rule them all, One code to bind them.

Hi,

I don't use rh8. but it might be because your ipchains/iptables are running. Since I don't run the GUI/lokkit I can't help you through that. However, if you are root you can go to the shell and run ntsysv and stop the "ipchains" option and then close make your changes and save then run "service network restart". You could also run the command /etc/rc.d/init.d/ipchains stop and /etc/rc.d/init.d/ipchains start when making changes.

Blizz

ipchains is not running, or even listed.
IPtables is running. I read that the two are not compatible. However, the install program default was used and ipchains is not in the list.

Also , I have been logged in a 'Root' everytime.

thanks..for the effort

One Code to rule them all, One code to bind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back