Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firewall appliance recommendations (Australia) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tac84

Programmer
Mar 15, 2019
AU
Hey everyone,

Seeking some advice on what people are using for their Firewall appliance. I currently have the Ubiquiti UDM Pro and appliances. They're fantastic but don't offer the VPN type compatible with Avaya phones.

I'm wondering what people use that they find easy as far as firewall appliances are concerned. Something fairly easy to set up that 96X1 phones running H323 can connect via.

IP Office R11.1.2.2

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

What is everyone's thoughts on SonicWall Firewall appliances? Will the 96x1 VPN phones tunnel through ok on these?

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

I personally try to stay away from sonicwall because I had bad experiences in the past but I know that a lot of our customers have them.
Works with the phones and does the trick.
If anything weird happens reboot them even if it seems to be the phone system has proven a good way to go.

Our company used the pFsense firewalls mostly because they are cheap and seen to do the trick. The reboot trick also works for them.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Cheers @Westi - very helpful information.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Thanks for the pink tac84

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back