Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FireWall-1: dtm_query_init: Failed to load DTMQuery DLL C:\WINNT\FW1\4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello all again

I'm having dificulties with error message.
FireWall-1: dtm_query_init: Failed to load DTMQuery DLL C:\WINNT\FW1\4.1\lib\fwdtmquery.dll: The specified module could not be found.
I tried to reinstall SP5 of FW-1 4.1 on Win2000SP2 but I still got the same error. Do anyone know solution to this?
Your help is greatly appreciated.
mcmarcel

FYI,
You are not alone ... I just installed a fresh copy of W2k Advanced Server with NG FP2 with the same error...

This is a common problem on W2k, basicaly the FW service is looking for the Desk Top Management component/dll but doesn't find it. The DTM component is only installed when you install the Policy Server for SecureClient implementation. It is an error that is harmless unsless you are using SecureClient (not applicable to securemote). So ignore it. There is a work arround if you realy don't like the error appearing and that is to copy the fwdtmquery.dll of the CP 4.1 SP2 install cd into the lib directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back