Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firefox vs Internet Explorer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroula

Technical User
Apr 12, 2007
GR
Hi everybody!!!!

I am using dreamweaver 8 to create a webpage. I have started working to my laptop that has a 17 inch screen and when I tested the site in a 15 inch screen the page was no longer centralized. Also, the borders of the page did not seem to be the same when testing the page in firefox and in internet explorer.

I was wondering if there is any way to keep stable the borders of the page no matter the browser.

The link is an example of what I am trying to do.I am trying to design a parallelogram and put in the centre of the page.

I hope I made my self clear.

I have a problem that is (maybe) related. I created my website (my first, I might add) all in Dreamweaver 8, using CSS. It looks just fine (to me) in Explorer, but it is all messed up in FireFox.

I need some clues as to what I am doing wrong. Many thanks.

The site is here:

Hi and welcome to Tek-Tips. To get the best from these forums please read faq222-2244

For this question you are using the
Code:
display: table-row-group;
construction which is not supported by all browsers. See the last line of paragraph 17.2 here
You may do better with your navigation in a [ul] - tables are really only for tabular data

Steam Engine Prints

Thank you so much! Than fixes the navigation bar just perfectly!

Now I am just left with the mystery of why the "fundela" and the "financial services" are superimposed on one another in FireFox and not in Explorer.

Many tahnks again!

THANKS FOR REPLYING THOUGH I FOUND THE ANSWER AND THIS MIGHT SEEM MORE USEFULL TO pietopper AS IT CAN GENERALLY FIX EVERYTHING FROM PAGE WIDTH TO TABLE POSITION...
The secret is in the absolute position!!

page:
code:
<div id="content" style="border: 1px none rgb(0, 0, 0); position: absolute; top: 70px; left: 170px; background-color: rgb(212, 208, 200); width: 844px; height: 494px;">

I solved the problem in the time honoured way of deleting the two offending layers and recreating them. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back