Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firefox Question about proxy settings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian4321

Technical User
Dec 30, 2003
CA
I'VE downloaded Firefox version 1.0.6. When I attempt to use the browser I encounter this ALERT message:

This connection was refused when attempting to connect the proxy server you have configured.
Please check your proxy settings and try again.

IE works fine and I'm using Windows 98 SE.

Possible solutions would be appreciated (OR COULD YOU DIRECT ME TO THE CORRECT FORUM ?

Thanks for your help
Brian

Hi there, under TOOLS, OPTIONS, GENERAL, CONNECTION, click on Connection Setting, there make sure that the first option is (Direct Connection to the Internet) activated... Click OK, and restart the Browser, you should be good to go now...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Thanks for the fix Ben --

I'm curious to see how Firefox compares to IE [2thumbsup]

Brian

Ben,

In IE you can view previous pages by pressing View, Go To

How is this accomplished in FireFox 1.0.6 ?

Thanking you in advance.

Brian

There are various ways...

one is mentioned by HTMLMAN...

the other is to use the TAB GO, it will list the 10 last you have visited, and at the bottom there is the History (CTRL-H)...

in my opinion it is a bit faster, more secure... but unfortunately there are some websites that need IE... luckily there is a plugin/expansion for FireFox, IE-View, that allows you to switch on the fly to IE, to watch that website...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back