Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firebox X700 slowing down connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

draylan

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2004
SG
Hi,

We recently got a new 100Mbps line but when running thru this brand new Firebox X700, the connection speed seems to slow down considerably. Here's how it's all setup:

New line -> media converter -> router -> switch -> Firebox

I connected a laptop directly to the media converter and got fast download speeds... around 800Kbps. Then I connected to the router and also got a fast connection. Then to the switch and got the same... around 800Kbps. But when I connect to the Firebox, I'm only able to get around 100Kbps. Any ideas?? I tried their tech support but they're taking forever... just thought I'd try here.

Thanks for your help,

Dave

Dave,

Generaly firewalls slow the speed of the download but in shouldnot be the diffrence of 800 and 100. Have you tried using the packet filter HTTP instead of the proxied one?

Also webblocker slows down the speed.

Regards
pankaj chawla

Thanks... i think we've found the problem

Draylan

I have exactly the same problem, but to a greater degree. 600-700kbps for downloads without the firewall and 40-50kbps once the Watchguard X series x700 is in place.

Can you tell us what the problem/solution was?

Thanks

Draylan/churchco -

I am having a similiar issue?
Did you ever arrive at a solution?

My issue is with a Firebox 1000, and 100Mb line, symptoms are the same though.

Slow inside the firewall, fast if I put a workstation outside the firewall....

- ew8

I am also having a similar problem how did you guys solve yours.

Thanks,

ttocyard

I am experiencing the same problem with the Firebox x750e. any solutions anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back