Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FireBox keeps locking up

Status
Not open for further replies.

teqmod

Technical User
Sep 13, 2004
US
Where should I start looking to resolve the issue before I contact Watchguard. I have been looking through the logs but there is nothing there that appears to help me.

Ideas on where to look?

Lock ups are usually hardware related and can often be a sign the FB is starting to die. Unless you have made any changes latels, ie, upgrading the software, you can look in the watchguard forums if your live security is up to date and you can login, otherwise I wouldn't waste any time and contact WG right away.

AM

The strange thing is it was going down every 24 hours last week but has remained up this week except for one instance. I have found that the version is not the newest so I think we are going to update the software first and go from there.

I have a support call with Watchguard right now on this issue. The initial comment was to disable "Block Syn Attacks" as they say this causes the box to lock up. My complaint is "WOW" isn't this a major feature. :(

I'll post the results.

It is a firebox III 2500

I inherited a FBIII-1000 that locked up regularly (about once a week)

Although I did turn on SYN protection I don't remember that fixing it. In fact I'm not sure exactly what did, I had assumed as another contributor suggested that it was hardware related but since tidying up the config and removing some external IP's that were also held by a neighbouring PIX the lockups have gone away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back