Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firebox 700 locking up

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainfrank

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2005
US
Been having problems with my firebox 700 needing a hard reboot to allow thruput from inside or outside the network. Been happening for about 4 months now. Anyone else seen this?

We have seen it in the past with our FB1000. We updated the software to current levels and the problems cleared up.

Dan

This sounds very familiar.
In the past it happend also to me many times.
I never got a clear answer from wathcguard, but i advise to you to look into your network for viruses, like NIMDA, a virus how make a lot of connections to the internet.

For some strange reasson, a watchguard, (also thge new X models) are very sensitive when they have to handle a lot of small tcp packets.

I witnessed this only recently.

Been using the latest 7.3 Firebox system manager and MUVPN client on the same box.

Only occurs when connecting remotely via VPN and accessing the FSM.

Recently had watchguard 1st line monitor an issue when the box locked up. Most concerning issue was whilst working with the support technician the read-write passphrase changed to readonly and vice versa.

Still no answer from Watchguard Support.

I have a support call with Watchguard right now on this issue. The initial comment was to disable "Block Syn Attacks" as they say this causes the box to lock up. My complaint is "WOW" isn't this a major feature. :(

I'll post the results.

Goto this thread to get the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back