Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding what # goees with what extension in Avaya

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyclear

Technical User
Mar 30, 2015
US
We have Extensions that are tied to phone numbers for direct lines but there are hundreds of them and we are now approaching 1000 direct lines. No one has ever properly labeled them so we don't know what goes to where. The biggest issue is there are a ton of direct lines that go to fax extensions and no one is really wanting to go through them all one by one to see where their destinations point to. Any easy way to do this?

In manager, go to incoming call routes, and it will display the the incoming number to destination extension ext programming.

Do you mean what port goes where, physically?
If patching has been handled by a drunken sailor, you're in for a treat...

If not, you see the module and port number in the extn list. ICR's should give away their destinations directly.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

No. This morning I needed to assign a direct line to an extension and it just occurred to me how would I find a free line or even a free extension without having to go through every one of them one by one? Specifically what I was doing was setting up a fax line to our fax finder. So the existing extensions, I have no idea if anything is really tied to them or not. They could just be free/open

Use incoming call route.
Show it in group view
Right click and select customised groups.
Select the info from the drop down list to make your own display content.
Make the frame bigger by sliding the divider bar to the right.
Hopefully you should see the info you want.

You have 1000-ish ICR's?
That should slow down your system's processing of incoming calls considerably.

I would do a configuration export to .csv and use Excel to sort things out.
(it will be comma separated, so select column A and click on DATA-tab> Text-to-Column> Comma as separator.)

Erase everything down to "IncallRoute_Info_Start" and after "IncallRoute_Info_End", then sort by "ICR_Destination".

See if you can consolidate anything, like sequential ranges going to the same extn:

5551230 -> Main 200
5551231 -> Main 200
5551232 -> Main 200
5551233 -> Main 200
5551234 -> Main 200
5551235 -> User 567
5551236 -> Main 200
5551237 -> User 678
5551238 -> Main 200
5551239 -> Main 200

This can be reduced to
555123X -> Main 200
5551235 -> User 567
5551237 -> User 678

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

snowman50 That was very helpful thank you.

Gunnaro The export only shows Configuration, Huntgroup, License, Short Code, User. I do not see anything else

Configuration is what you want to chose:)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Export the Configuration, open in excel, then
Erase everything down to "IncallRoute_Info_Start" and after "IncallRoute_Info_End", then sort by "ICR_Destination".

Cool thanks. The export gave us info for all the avaya ip offices I think which is fine

No we need to get the IP offices off of our XP machines lol

You're most welcome :)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back