Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding unused extensions\voicemail boxes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordinho10

Technical User
Sep 9, 2008
AU
Hi All,

Just wondering what everyone is doing to monitor usage to find unused extensions and\or voicemail boxes?

We are almost at the end of our 1000 dialin range and need to find some old extensions asap, but its proving to be quite a challenge!

I am not a Unity expert but I would look at subscriber message activity.

This should give you an idea of what is being used...

[americanflag] SPC NVARNG
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

Do you mean old extensions that not used at all?

If so you simply can search in the call manager by part of number. For Example : if your extensions begin with 6000, just write in the search 60 and it will get you all the extensions begin with 60 and follow the number until you find the series of the number missing a numbers then it is not used or you can find it Not registered or nor found , check these phones.you can make it display 50 result per page instead of 20 result to make it easier.
I know this solution is very simple but it is effective and I tried it.

If you mean another thing please inform me.

You can also run a Route Plan Report to show all used DN's. Doing what ahmedmid says may not show Call Park numbers, Pickup group numbers etc. depending on CCM version. For Unity, do a Subscriber Information dump from Unity Tools to see what is programmed. Neither of these methods will tell you if they are being 'used' , just that they are programmed for use.
I always try to give my customers a spreadsheet of all used numbers when I install a system. To keep it updated is their responsibility. :)

Make a blind serach using the unassigned field on the Route Plan Report page.

Caos is the natural order of things...

If you're in Unity, Open Audiotext Manager. Choose Extensions and then "Show All available extensions in a range" from the menu. Put in your range and the tool will show you all free extensions. Just make sure to compare that to Call Manager's Route Plan Report.

Bill

If you are looking for unused extn numbers you can search in update lines field and search by unassinged DN's, then you have to individually check each DN for it's usage before deciding if it actually spare or not it may be forewarded or have a voicemail only use. Good luck. CM is not very good at reporting on available unused DN's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back