Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding IP addresses on network 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hchman

MIS
Mar 28, 2001
US
I just inherited a network with approx. 50 PCs (some remote). Most are Windows 98 but there are a few NT 4.0 workstations and 2000 workstations. The administrator before me kept very poor records. I keep getting IP conflicts when I try to set up new computers. Is there a way to get a list of IP addresses on a network without going to each machine?

I assume that you are running DHCP on your network.
Go into the DHCP Manager.

It will give you a listing of all the IP address that are assigned to your nodes.

Hope this helps... mot98..[peace]

"Where's the beer?"

Not using DHCP. Thanks

"I drank all of the beer when I saw this mess here".

well, if you have an idea what ip's are supposed to be used, you can try pinging to see which ones are actually used...other than that, it's every computer i think. unless you get a network inventory program...

Couldn't you go to each computer and go START|RUN|WINIPCFG
and get the IP's that way. (I know you don't want to go to each machine, but I think this woould work.)
colorado.gif

"Quest for the Cup - 2002!"
"Onto the 2[sup]nd[/sup] round!"

Thank you mot98. It worked and saved me a ton of time.

Wow, now that's a handy util! Star for you, mot98!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back