Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding EPS files for Silk Screening

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikon66

Technical User
Jan 7, 2006
US
I am new to IL and to the silk screen process. I was looking for some place on the web where people are sharing EPS files. I am just trying to get my feet wet with out getting in over my head trying to print drop single color t shirts.

Thanks for you help,

Scott

Can you be more specific as to what you are looking for in these EPS files. Are you just seeking vector artwork files that can be silkscsreened?

I am looking for some simple t shirt designs that I can play with in IL and of course practice making t shirts with. I don't want to do any color seperation or anything like that at this time. Just change the image or text around in IL and then print the transparentcy and make a shirt.

Scott

So this really has nothing to do with silkscreening, if you're printing to a transparency. It sounds like you're just looking for a free tshirt design.

frozenpeas
--
Micfo.com Affiliate Program

Let's go back to my orginal question, I was asking if there is a place on the web that SHARES EPS files. I will contribute to the shared files as I produce them. I am not looking for anything for FREE. Just looking to jump start my knowledge by practicing on both the EPS file in IL and since I have NEVER printed a shirt I will be practicing that as well.

Scott

frozenpee:

I think you're reading malicious intent into OP's question, I do not believe there is any.

nikon:

Have you tried googling your query?

Bert

I just got a few from google, thank you. Now off to learn IL. I have been combing through the posts and I see that printing directly from IL might be a problem and I should raster everything before I print it. Am I reading that correctly ?

I am sorry if I took it that way but I am not one of those people that does not try and contribute. I do understand there are people that want everything for nothing out there. And I am thankful for the input.

Scott

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off coldly. If you are wanting to learn about silkscreening, printing transparencies won't help you. You would be better off starting to learn about colour separations now.

Bert's advice is probably a good start: Google it.

frozenpeas
--
Micfo.com Affiliate Program

I thought that I had to get a printable image, so that I could make a transperancy to burn onto my emulsion so that I could actly have something to screen print. In my head I was trying to go through the process one step at a time. Doing color speration of course it my next step but I have never laid an ounce of ink to a shirt. And thought I would start very simple.

Are there any good tutorials free or paid on the web on IL ?

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back