Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding edges and cropping... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sladewilson

Programmer
Feb 14, 2002
US
I have about 500 pictures of cd's. As we all know 99.9% of CD's are the same size. But whoever made the pictures took them at different distances, thus some of my CD's look large and others look smaller...yet all of them are on a white background (thank god). I want them to all look uniform on my website.

Is there a way to tell Photoshop to find the edge of the product in the image and then crop the image with about 10 pixels from the edge of the CD? If so I can't figure it out... I want to set this up as a action (automate the process). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If the background is a uniform white, you could try Image > Trim... and choose Based on "Top Left Pixel Color", making sure each edge is checked (Top, Bottom, Left, Right).

This will trim right as far as a change in color, so you might want to follow it with Image > Canvas Size, make sure "relative" is checked, anchor is centered, and put 20px into both width and height.

OMG!!! You are a GOD!!!! Too cool! It works like a champ!!!! Where do I send the free beer? LOL!!!! You just saved me MANY hours of tedious work!!! Tipmaster Star for you!!!

Cheers people; the beer is most welcome, just in time for St Patrick's day tomorrow... slainte!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back