Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding Duplicates Using Text/Unbound Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoBetter

Technical User
Mar 19, 2007
US
In Microsoft Access 2003, I created a Report that has:

Customer ID:
Customer Name:
Salesperson:
Office Visit:

Out of the ten Salespeople on staff, only one Salesperson can visit one Customer ID on any given day. I created a series of Unbound Boxes to automatically assign the schedules since creating a Query this way indicates the Query is too Complicated.

I noticed that, at times, Access inadvertantly assigns two different Salespeople to the same Customer ID for any particular day. I was wondering if there was a way to find duplicates in the Report using Unbound Boxes that will display the Customer ID that has two or more Salespeople assigned to it on - for instance - Monday. Then another Unbound Box that will display the Customer Id that has two or more Salespeople assigned to it on Tuesday and so on....

Going to a book store to purchase a book to get what you're looking for... Hours of searching...

Researching pages throughout that book just to get the simple answer you're looking for, but still coming up with nothing... Wasted hours...

Asking a question on Tek-Tips and being provided with the correct step-by-step answers... PRICELESS

You could use a find duplicates query .... however if you want only one salesperson per day per site visit and access is assigning two then theres propably an underly problem with your original code. Maybe you could post some of the code ...

Thoughts?

HTH << MaZeWorX >> "I have not failed I have only found ten thousand ways that don't work

Thanks MazeWorX. I believe I figured it out by having an Unbound Textbox do a Count to find a salespersons appearing two or more times on a specific day.

Going to a book store to purchase a book to get what you're looking for... Hours of searching...

Researching pages throughout that book just to get the simple answer you're looking for, but still coming up with nothing... Wasted hours...

Asking a question on Tek-Tips and being provided with the correct step-by-step answers... PRICELESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back