Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding call history for a number

Status
Not open for further replies.

joatsaint

IS-IT--Management
Sep 7, 2005
US
Hey guys,

I have been searching for this for about an hour on the forum but I must not have the right key words.

How do I find the phone #'s that have called a particular phone? We have a phone # that contacts our music system and someone has been dialing in and changing the music. We are trying to get a call history and see all the calls made to the music system.

Thanks for your help.

Do you have any software or are you hoping that the PBX has something for this?

I was hoping there was a command I could run on the PBX. We don't own any software that would capture the data.

The only suggestion I have is if you have PRI's to your switch, then set up a 3900 set on the same number as your modem and see if that captures the caller ID. I get a log on my 3904 of all calls, calls missed ect. You might get lucky with this one!

Do you know your RDB for your music? I would start by changing your acod.

What type of music device are you using?

I wasn't clear about our music system. We have a music server that plays music through out the building and anyone knowing the phone extension can call the server and make changes. Someone has been calling in and changing the stations and volume. We are trying to get a list of phone #'s that have called the music server.

We don't know how the callers are able to find out what the number is to begin with. So changing the number may not solve the problem.

A former disgruntled employee or a present disgruntled employee

How would I set up a trace and track the set? I have only a few weeks experience with the phone system and haven't gotten much past changing the diplay names on the phones. This is quite a bit above my knowledge level. I was just thrown into this without any training.

Can the phone # to the music server be password protected?

If you know the DN of the telephone number to the server print the TN.

then go to LD 80

.ENTC X X X X 2300

.GOTR

that put a trace on that set for 24 hours.. if your running then

Code:
proc main

set txpace 30	
mspause 30
transmit "ld 90^M"
capture on
loop:
transmit "trac 0 xxxx^M"
pause 4
goto loop
endproc

put the dn in for the x's and that will trac the dn until you hit alt period on the keyboard.. either way history is gone unless you have cdr turned on.. then you would have a 50 buffer of saved data on the port with usr cty... the 4 seconds delay between commands is at your option... you can make it 1 or 38,500... either way the files going to be large but easy to scan for activity.. i use this when 24 hours is not enough

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Wouldn't it be just as easy to run a script to restart the enhanced trace each morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back