Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding all Pages & COM objects associated with an ASP application

Status
Not open for further replies.

damann

Technical User
Jul 19, 2000
US
Hello all,

Was wondering if someone can give me a step by step process of how to go about finding all ASP pages and COM objects associated with a particular ASP application. Thanks in advance for any input whatsoever...

Damann

you would probably need interdev at least for this to be able to search or references and or dependancies of an object/item..

i'm sure there's other tools for this but never had to keep track outside of my head what needs what.

[thumbsup2]DreX
aKa - Robert

yeah I'm on a project that basically requires me to find all the old asp applications on a server and get rid of them and all its dependencies, so I'm looking for a way to go about doing that...

Thanks,
Damann

I would suggest using search but I'm not sure how these asp applications were created. Depending on what tool was used, Visual Interdev for instance, you would be looking for <the file name>.sln. You could do a search for all files with the .asp file extension but that wouldn't help you find all the files associated with a web project. You can save yourself sometime by asking what web project application was used to manage the files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back