Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

finding a deleted credit card payment 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcpr

Vendor
Jun 2, 2010
US
We are using Aloha 6.2.13 and visanet. A server deleted a large credit card payment after cust left. Is there anyway to find the card number and rerun it?

reports - audit - then select non cash payments and all employees.

Might be a good time to reconsider current privilege levels if a server was able to delete a credit card transaction that had been paid off. How does that even happen?

Thank You coorsman, when i called tech support they wanted over a 100 to help me.

Tobethor it is quite easy for a credit card payment to get deleted while the tab is still open. All anyone has to do is highlight the payment and hit delete, servers are able to do it in case of things like a bad card you must delete a declined card even if you have run another card before you can close out tab. I know of no way to block that on the payment screen.

The audit reports mask the CC number in newer versions of Aloha. Be sure you have Admin access before you upgrade.

Another way is to contact the payment processor and give them your info and the transaction ID on the credit card slip. They will gladly help without an additional fee. I believe after July 1st the full card number can't be stored locally and by doing so you aren't compliant may incur fines.

Tom

Not completely true. The card information can be stored as long as it is encrypted being stored, and only accessible but assigned persons. It is usually set for 60 or 90 days to be unaccessible unless through the processor.

As for deleting payments, in version 6.2 the server/bar can delete the payment but the system prompts them if they would like to. In ver6.4 you can check the access level to need manager approval.

@TobeThor-

Yep, that happens all the time. It's not until the payment is finalized that a server can't go back and delete it. Unfortunately, it's a fairly common occurrence. I do not way of a way to turn this off, and truth is, in some environments you don't want to... server's are regularly splitting tabs with multiple credit cards given to them by the customers, they get them crossed up, and need to delete payments.

The unfortunate thing about it is, it's a pain with many systems to recover the info, and if you don't know how and need to call for support.. it will very often cost you more than the missing money is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back