Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

find where a call is coming from 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

newphonedoer

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2004
US
We have a board with a "fancy" phone that has speakers in the ceiling and works via a display panel that sits on the table. There have been several instances of the phone displaying that there is an incoming call in approx 15 minute increments.

At first we thought maybe it was a fax machine or something of the sort since the call was coming in at regular intervals. I changed the DID extension of the phone. It happened again during one of the meetings (and of course it is the board room).

I have ran a report in ECAS an I dont seem to get all calls made to this extension. I know this because test calls I have made to and from this extension are showing up. Is there any reporting in the switch I can use? I need to get the call info even if the call was not answered. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance

Have you answered the call? If it's happening consistently on 15 minute intervals, it almost sounds like outcalling is
activated on the Intuity to that number.

You can do a list station XXXX from the PBX during the continuos calls and you should be able to determine the calling party.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Is it a analog station? On page 1 of the station form, make sure the "Test?:" field is set to N

In the future everything will work...

The phone is on an analog port and the field on both extension set ups were set to Y. Thanks so much. I hope this does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back