Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Find Sybase SQL Anywhere DBA password

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnRiviera

Technical User
Jul 3, 2003
CA
Hello,

I have a client who enters information on a program linked to a SyBase base. However I do not have access to the data because that client does not know the password for the DBA user and no other user allows this access (probably handled by the program rather than SyBase itself). Could someone advise me( johnriviera@hotmail.com ) as to how to unlock this user, or extract the data to a particular format ?

We have a certain available budget for this, should it interest anyone.

Thank you,

Thank you.

Is the 'SA' account are the user who have more right in the sql anywhere software ?

Hi

I may have replied to you too quickly. My FAQ is for Sybase ASE (Adaptive Server Enterprise) I am not 100% sure the same technique would work with ASA.

My apologies.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
For ease of reading, any posted CODE should be wrapped by [ignore][COLOR][/COLOR] and
Code:
[/ignore] tags.

Ex:
Code:
SELECT 1 from sysobjects

Unfortunately, I use SQL anywhere and that does not seem to be identical. As of the first step of the FAQ, I do not find a file runserver on my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back