Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Find,Save,New,Delete Buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

genaccess

Technical User
May 18, 2003
US
Hi,

I have seen a form with footer having all the record navigation buttons. Find button is really neat and when used searches anything based on the value specified on the form. (not like conventional find).The only thing it needs is the location of the table to which the form is bound to.
Does anybody know where can I get this?
Thanks in advance.....

Chirag

Bring up form in design view. Use the wizard to add the command buttons. The wizard will bring up a number of categories: Record Navigation, Record Operations, Form Operations, Report Operations, Application and Miscellaneous. Each of these categories has a list of actions. Just pick what you are looking for.

Mas5,
I have used those techniques...Actually what I am looking for is different from that...That is an entire toolbar which has inbuilt navigation buttons and all we do is specify the location of the data table and the buttons start working themselves...Its really a neat tool.

-Chirag

Placing the buttons on a menubar/coolbar does not alter the functionallity. Follow the direction already provided. Add a dose of generic HELP for the various sub-topics you may encounter.

Learn the product in use, and pay particular attention to Help. In many instances the information garnered through that facillity is more rapidly svailable, more accurate. more complete and includes references to related topics. Furher, many of the topics covered include complete and functional procedures illustrating their (proper) implementation.

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

Searching for employment in all the wrong places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back