Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.Find problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igwiz

Technical User
Jun 3, 2003
CA
Tearing my hair our here!
I have had this working in various guises but now it is playing up!

client definitely exists in the range ClientData but c is not returning a range:

Set c = Workbooks("Clients").Worksheets("Clients").Range("ClientData").Find(client, LookIn:=xlValues)

I have got another part of a different workbook selected when I run this and c is returning the first value in this selected range.

Any clues?

Thanks,

IG

try this:
with Workbooks("Clients").Worksheets("Clients").Range("ClientData")
Set c = .Find(client, LookIn:=xlValues)
end with

Rgds, Geoff
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Want the best answers to your questions ? faq222-2244

Hi Geoff,

That is what I had in before and it didn't work either which I was I tried changing it. I thought maybe because I have another range (actually a pivottableselect) selected it doens't like it?

Sorted it by changing how the for each loop referenced the selection.

Hi Igwiz, [poke]

Just a tip:

You can change
Code:
Set c = Workbooks("Clients").Worksheets("Clients").Range("ClientData").Find(client, LookIn:=xlValues)

to

Code:
Set c = [ClientData].Find(client, LookIn:=xlValues)

You can refer to all of your Named Ranges inside of Brackets "[]", to make your like easier (i.e. LESS TYPING). [pc2]

Peace! [peace]

Mike

Never say Never!!!
Nothing is impossible!!!

Mike - you have to be careful though. What that actually does is utilise the default property of the object so
[myRange] actually equates to range("myrange").value
However, because VBA works like it does, you can use the syntax in range referencing. It also works for non named ranges:
[A1]
equates to range("A1").value

so [A1] = 1
will enter a 1 in range A1

Rgds, Geoff
[blue]Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?[/blue]
Want the [red]best[/red] answers to your questions ? faq222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back