Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Find Objects having No Dependencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnyphoenixier

Technical User
Dec 3, 2003
US
Is there a way to identify a list of Objects such as Metrics, that have no dependencies? Command manager Script maybe?

We have about 450 metrics created by a developer who has left, but many of them have no dependencies. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Phoenixier

Have you tried Object Manager? I believe there's a tool feature "find unused objects" there already to find orphans. I have not had a chance to test to see it works but I heard about it. Check it out.

Thanks, Z3,

I have not found the feature yet. Can you let me know where you saw it before?

Thanks,

Phoenixier

Open Object Manager, open a project, select Tools -> Find Unused Objects.

Yup. Thats where you look for it and ask specifically for all the "Metrics" that are unused OR no dependencies. I tried it and it seem to be working.

-Leo

Another way of doing it: do a search on the "Metric" object type, select all of them, click "Delete"..... All the ones that have dependencies can not be deleted! :)

FLB

Thank you guys for the help! I tried the object manager one. It works for me.

FLB, I cann't find the "Delete" button on my key board any more... Someone took it since I used it last time. :)

Phoenixier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back