Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Find Latest Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krusher

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2003
US
I am attempting to write a VB macro for MS Project and I'd like it to basically find the task with the latest start date in a project. It sounds simple, but I haven't been able to do it yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-K

Hi,

",,, I haven't been able to do it yet."

What have you tried? Please post your code. What results did you get?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

I haven't tried any code yet. Only thought about it and thought maybe someone out there had some ideas.

I don't use MS Project VBA. However, there are similarities in the MS Object models and thre are things that apply across the board on VBA.

We really need a starting point. You have been doing stuff in MS Project VBA. You ought to know something about the Object Model, collections and Object Properties.

Brute force, at least you could loop thru the Task Collection and look at the Start Date property and find the largest value. Code it as a function that you could use on other properties to return a MAX value.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back