Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Find individual messages on the server

Status
Not open for further replies.

nherrmann

IS-IT--Management
Mar 31, 2010
US
I have been given the task of finding all of the messages sent to or from a certain address from any user on our domain. So far, the only way I can find to do this is to individually open each user's mailbox as an administrator and search for that email address. With 200+ mailboxes to go through, this is incredibly tedious. I have found the get-messagetrackinglog method in the Exchange PowerShell, but it appears our message tracking log only goes back 1 month. I also discovered a method using ExMerge, but as far as I can tell, ExMerge is not compatible with 2007. Does anyone have any idea of a way to do a bulk search and export of messages from exchange? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

I have tried to install ExMerge, and every time I get an error saying "This application has failed to start because dapi.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." The solution I found when searching this error was to copy the file into the exchsrvr\bin folder. I suspect it has something to do with 2007, but I don't have that exact folder. I do have a very similar folder, but I still get the same error when I copy it there, and when I do a search for that .dll file, I come up empty. I hope I'm just missing a step, but I'm not sure where. Thanks again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back