Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Find in Formulas for Crystal XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madawc

Programmer
Sep 5, 2002
GB
While doing a routine change, I happened to right-click on a Running Total and discovered the 'Find in Formulas' option.[surprise] I'd not noticed it before, but it is the sort of thing that I've long felt was needed.[thumbsup2]

Since I missed it up until now, I assume I am not the only one. If anyone knows when it came in, please post that detail.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 10 & 11.5 with Windows XP [yinyang]

Sounds very interesting Madawc, but I've checked several of my reports containing Running Totals - but can't see that option anywhere [sad]

Do you have any ideas about when the option becomes available so that I can invesigage further ... I hate not having something haha!

J

I know that option is available on fields (XI R2). Another great feature with R2 is ability to copy formulas and running totals (In the filed explorer pane).

Grrrrr! I can't see the option anywhere and have long wished for the ability to copy Running Totals (not just formulas).

So, I guess my version of CR is too old (it's XI but therefore isn't R2 and our IT folks won't upgrade).

Shame.

jannoth, i am in the same situation. bummer!

We had a lot of issues with R1 (also we upload to Enterprise a lot), so we went with R2. Curious issue with my co-workers, they say when they copy a running total and then edit the copy, the original gets changed too. I have never had that issue.

Thanks kray4660!! Copying and pasting Running Totals has always been one of the biggest attractions of newer versions (along with handling Portrait and Landscape orientations in the same RPT definition).

But, if I edit a copy of a RT (renamed from the original, of course) then I don't want the original changed too [shadessad]

Not sure that I want to upgrade now (not that IT Dept would do it anyway [bigsmile] ).

Thanks for the extra information. Just to check - is XI R2 the same as 11.5? Could someone check by looking at the version on 'Help'?

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 10 & 11.5 with Windows XP [yinyang]

The full product version is 11.5.11.1470 (for CR Professional).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back