Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Find File 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberprof

Programmer
Jun 10, 2003
GB
Does anyone know what exe is run when you do a 'Find File' in Windows 98

Cheers

J

I'll rephrase my question.

I want to be able to click a command button and the "find file" or "search for" program appears. The program that run when you click 'Start...Find...'

shell(??????)

Cheers

J

You could always 'brew your own' using FindFirstFile and FindNextFile API. For use see:

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

I thought find file had a name not dissimilar to find

using find to find it seems a bit incestuous not to mention legnthy but worth a try. Then run (and hide)

Or you could try:
[tt]
Option Explicit

Private Sub Command1_Click()
With New Shell32.Shell
.FindFiles
End With
End Sub
[/tt]
This requires that you make a reference to the Microsoft Shell Controls and Automation library (SHDOC401.DLL). And a word of warning: the library has a dependence of Shell32.dll; this needs to be version 4.71 or later (W98, Me, 2000, XP). The correct version may be installed on W95 and/or NT4 if IE4's Active Desktop components were ever installed

thanks strongm, excellent piece of code, does just what I want.

cheers

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back