Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Find Contact DataBase

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtweaks

ISP
Jan 21, 2001
GB
I have just started with a company and the previous guy set up ACT but has not left admin passwords. However my contact list is not the same as the rest of the users. How can I find where my contacts are and then sync them to the larger data base?

I forget to mention I had a my name added as a new user to the larger db but I am not on there when I log in at my workstation?

I'm not sure if this is what your looking for but,
Can you click file then backup and then look where it wants to save your backup? I am not sure if this will help you at all.

I am a realitively new ACT 2000 v5 user. I have imported 1000 records of Real Estate Agents in our area into groups with contact name,company,phone,and city. Is it possible to input the contact name into a new field and have it "look up" and/or populate that contacts remaining information? ie company phone,and city?

Thanks so much in advance!
Stacia

Got thr whole thing sorted now the previous guy made his own rules of what went where? cracked the passwords and synced them to one data base and renamed and saved to the server. All working well now. ( well as Act can? )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back