Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

find command, datasheet pop-up, double click, populate form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaddiMond

Technical User
Mar 28, 2005
US
So far, I just have this simple Find command button in my form that is automatically created by access.
I have this idea in mind to expand the Find function, but do not know where to start.
I imagine people being able to press a find button, then enter search terms for different fields. When they then hit search, a datasheet window with the found records pops-up. When they double click on one of the records in the datasheet window, the form gets populated with this data. I don't know where to start to implement this idea. Does anyone have tips? Thank you so much!

Maddi

I looked at the example you listed but it was not quite what I was looking for. Thank you anyways. I found out so far how to have a command button open a query. Now, you can press on the binoculars in the form and the query with all the records for the currentuser shows up. I just do not know how to continue. When a record get's selected and double-clicked on in the query, I would like the form to populate with this selected record. I just do not know VBA, so...Is there a good book out there where I could find the answer to this question?

Thanks.

Maddi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back