Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Find Caller ID for Unity voice-mail message

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudecrush

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2007
US
I have a Unity 10 voice-mail system. I received a ticket from one of our employees - A customer had asked to call him back but didn't leave a name or number. Unified Messaging did not pick up the Caller ID. I was asked to see if I can find it. Since this call came in on a Sunday (and we're not open), I thought it might be fairly easy to find.

A few questions:
a) Is there a tool to find calls like this in Unity?
b) When a call goes straight to Unity, does Call Manager record it in RTMT, too? I can see a number of calls that could be candidates in RTMT, but they are going through a Tie Trunk that is attached to our Call Center application. I don't see a direct call to this employee's extension via voice-mail. Thus, I question if the phone numbers I see in RTMT are the right ones.

It would show in the CM logs in RTMT.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

Thanks - that what I was hoping for. Does that hold true even if the caller didn't direct dial the employee, the employee didn't pick up or if the employee had his phone on forward?

I would search the logs for the employee's extension and then try to follow backwards. There will be something there since it hit voicemail.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

Along this line if someone has left a message in a mailbox via express messaging eg *22 followed by an extension therefore not going to the phone will it appear in RTMT?

Thank you.

You will still see the original caller.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search